Numbers 6: 24-26

The Lord bless you, and keep you; The Lord make His face shine on you, And be gracious to you; The Lord lift up His countenance on you, And give you peace. Numbers 6:24-26

Sunday, September 4, 2016

Osprey Falls

Description: One way 4.6 miles. Easy walk to trail head, then about 1.5 miles to the falls with a drop of 800 vertical feet in about 1.5 miles.

'Why not' I said. This is another new hike for us, one I won't likely ever repeat! But it's beautiful and I'm glad I did it once!

It starts off at the Bunsen Peak trailhead parking area.





Brown squirrel. Cute, right?












Here is Bunsen Peak. This is the back side. I blogged earlier about this hike. It was one of the first ones we did this year.











'Nough said.













The trail to get to this point is used as a bike trail. See the little symbol of a shear drop with loose rock? They aren't kidding!





And here we go...down...down...down. What makes this a difficult hike for me it that you expend your energy going down and then have to walk back up. Ugh!








 This is the Sheepeater Canyon we are dropping into. The river at the bottom is the Gardiner River.













Yes, it was this steep.












 I finally turned and got Bob walking down too.













And here is Osprey Falls. It got up to 91 for this hike but with the spray from the Falls it was delightful.













Another stunning lunch spot. Not one for the faint of heart or someone that doesn't like heights.












I was unbelievably slow walking back up so Bob took a lot of pictures of the canyon. And seriously, where the water is, is where we were.







We upset a trio of grouse on the road back to the parking lot. They were offended but stopped to pose non-the-less.

Mileage listed on this hike in the book as opposed to my GPS was off and after talking to others that have done it, my GPS was correct. So we logged another 11 miles.

Miles hiked: 71






1 comment:

  1. It is not about speed Barbra I would still be down there they would have to air lift me out It is beautiful though,,,,,,,Lis

    ReplyDelete