Numbers 6: 24-26

The Lord bless you, and keep you; The Lord make His face shine on you, And be gracious to you; The Lord lift up His countenance on you, And give you peace. Numbers 6:24-26

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Fishing - Getting Serious



About 8 years ago I bought Bob a Fly Fishing Rod for his birthday. It has mostly been housed in it's original packaging. Last year he rented a rod and waders to try it out again and had such a good time that the small amount of 'flies' he has collected and the rod and reel along with a new pair of personal waders made the trip west.






For the first fishing trip into the park we went to Slough Creek on the way to Lamar Valley. Due to the extreme hot conditions this summer, the grasses for large animal (elk and bison) in the park are dried up and brown...except around the water areas. So, for the first time, we saw 100+ bison hanging around this creek.







Fortunately they occupied the far side from the road so we drove in as far as the camping area and carried the supplies out a little further and Bob went fishing.

When he first went in, his feet went a few inches into the mud and muck and he had to grab his legs to pull them out. I took a video of him and was laughing so hard I had to cut it off :)





I brought my mobile watercolor supplies with me and "captured the moment" such as it is. My attempts are an effort to increase knowledge of using watercolor for flowing water.






Now you can laugh at me! It was a perfect, laid-back day. Results...the fish came up to Bob and checked out his feet and 'fly' but no takers this trip.

2 comments:

  1. When I open your blog I go straight to the bottom for the hike total that didn't work for me this time .
    Love the peaceful photo with the water and your drawing is very good

    ReplyDelete